Remote Sales Brand Ambassador
Before I grab information regarding this position from the company website, let me first say I do have experience with this company. Not as a Sales Brand Ambassador, but as a client. Although, my experience with HomeAdvisor, as a client, left a bad taste in my mouth it might not be the same for the employee. After reading the position description I realize the salesman I was speaking with was an Ambassador for the company. I believe we paid them $11 per lead and $20 per exclusive lead for our cleaning company. They are paying their new Sales Brand Ambassadors $10 per hour to start and give bonuses. However, it is limited to certain states. Enough of my rambling, let me get the information concerning the position.
Why is California never on these list???
This full-time telecommuting position is available in the following states: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NJ, NY, OH, TX, UT, and VA.
Who Are We?
At VIPdesk Connect, Inc., we do more than provide exceptional outsourced customer service to our clients. We ensure a tailored-fit experience for each client, recognizing their specific needs and matching qualified professionals to the respective program. Our services include customer service, social media management, back office support and virtual customer experience consulting. Our mission is to provide talented and amazing people the opportunity to live the brands they love – so that we can create raving fans for admired brands.
What Makes Us Stand Out?
- Our team is comprised of a talented and passionate group of individuals who span across the nation
- All of our amazing Sales Brand Ambassadors telework from the comfort of their secure home office
- Paid training in a virtual classroom with a live trainer
- We only work with clients who embrace the same culture and values as we do
What is HomeAdvisor, and What Does a HomeAdvisor Sales Brand Ambassador Do?
HomeAdvisor is the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace that provides a free service to homeowners with the tools and resources they need to complete their home improvement, maintenance and repair projects. With HomeAdvisor connecting more than 30 million homeowners to their network of over 100,000 pre-screened home service professionals, the Sales Brand Ambassador is responsible for assisting their customers via phone, e-mail and/or chat by assessing customer needs, schedule appointments and/or refer them to the applicable pre-screened home-improvement contractor in their area. The Sales Brand Ambassador will use a variety of resources and information to assist customers in a prompt, professional and concise manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize upselling and cross-selling techniques to increase customer experience and convert inquiries into firm referrals for HomeAdvisor
- Attend meetings and trainings as required to obtain new and pertinent information about HomeAdvisor and their products and services
- Apply high-quality customer service guidelines while servicing customers
- Apply HomeAdvisor and VIPdesk Connect policies as applicable whenever interacting with customers.
Sales Brand Ambassador Requirements:
- Able to sit at a desk for 95% of each scheduled shift
- Able to work weekend and holiday hours
- Able to successfully pass a criminal and employment reference security check
- Must have a home-office environment, internet connection, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- One (1) or more year(s) customer service and sales experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must currently live in one of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NJ, NY, OH, TX, UT, or VA.
Sales Brand Ambassador Preferred Qualifications:
- Some college preferred
- Knowledge of basic home repair services
- Able to thrive in a performance-based environment and motivated by sales goals and incentives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to type at least 35 WPM with proper spelling and use of grammar
- Highly adaptable, self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Able to learn and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with focus on quality and accuracy, ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency and commitment to excellence
System and Office Requirements to be provided by the Brand Ambassador**:
- Home Office – Home office is in a separate room that is noise free and has a door with locks.
- File cabinet or desk drawer with lock
- Cross-cut Shredder Machine
- Internet Access – minimum 2.5 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload without packet loss or delay – DSL, or Cable (dial-up, satellite, and wireless connections are NOT permitted).
- Internet connection must be a wired connection to your computer (wireless not permitted).
- Ability to receive and send faxes.
- Sound card with speakers or USB speakers.
- Anti-Virus Software, Anti-Spyware, & Firewall – Current and regularly updated required.
- USB headset that meets VIPdesk Connect requirements.
- Home Office Computer:
- Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit):
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- Processor Speed – Dual Core Processor: 2 GHz or higher.
- Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit):
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- Processor Speed – Dual Core Processor: 1.5 GHz or higher.
- Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit):
- 1 GB RAM or higher
- Processor Speed – Single Processor: 3 GHz or higher. Dual Core Processor: 1.5 GHz or higher.
- Windows XP, Vista, and Mac are not permitted for this position.
- Total compensation averaging $10.00 -12.00/hr (hourly rate of $10.00 per hour plus bonus available based on key metrics). Weekend pay differential @ $11.00/hr base rate.
- Full Time: Mon–Fri, 8:00am–6:00pm ET, Sat-Sun 8:30am–6:30 pm ET
- Full Time: Mon–Sun, 10:30am – 8:30pm ET